Bead Soup Blog Party 8 reveal

Hello party people! Here's the big day, time to reveal what we cooked!

I'm not sure how many of you know my jewelry, I am a seed beader, although lately I don't have a lot of time for beading and bead embroidery due to having a full-time job and going to university again. I's always fun to receive totally different beads than what I usually work with, as it happened this year too :)
Here's the bead soup I received from my Partner, Elsbeth, and here you will find the soup I sent to her.

And here's what I made from her beads. Unfortunately the weather is kind of grey lately so I couldn't take better photos.

 I really loved the striped cotton rope I received, so the first piece I made from it was a pair of earrings, which are so much fun to wear! I think these earrings will be my favorite festival jewelry, together with this bracelet:

Yes I know it is a very very simple bracelet but I think this rope looks so cool by itself, I didn't want to cut it to pieces so I just made a basic wrap bracelet with a magnetic clasp.

I made 2 other bracelets, one using the black leather cord I received with some of the smaller colorful glass beads and the cure heart clasp, and another with a larger yellow-green bead, which would be too heavy to use together with the others, brown learher and I did some macrame with brown cotton cords. I like how they turned out, they are also very simple but this way I can wear them to work or school.




I received 2 chili pepper beads which I also loved, so I turned them into earrings. But to be onest, I'm not completely satisfied with the result. I planned to make something inspired by Hungarian folk art, but I'm just not so good at using wire so I kept the design simple. I'm not sure about these earrings, what do you think? (Feel free to add your honest opinion :)


From the green nautilus beads I planned to make a necklace and earring set, but then I fell into a kind of creative block. The necklace didn't quite turn out as I imagined it - I wanted to make something colorful, like coral reefs, but I think I should have chosen different colors, so I think I will redo this necklace some other time.


Since I received so many beads from Elsbeth,  I made 2 other paits of earrings, and I still have a lot to work with!



Thank you so much Elsbeth, and thank you Lori for organizing this bead soup party again, despite all the problems. I hope you get better soon!

Follow this link to visit my partner's blog and see what she made from my bead soup: acrimbolda's glaswelt
To see all of the finished Beadsoup projects, visit Lori's blog for the complete list of links.You can find it here.

Have a great weekend and enjoy blog hopping! :)
 
 moonsafari beads - egyedi ékszerek

38 megjegyzés:

  1. Lovely, bright pieces! The earrings with fabric rope are absolutely amazing!

    VálaszTörlés
  2. I really love your use of bold, bright colours - everything just pops! My favourite is the rope bracelet :) Well done!

    VálaszTörlés
  3. What a fun soup, love the pieces you made especially the leather cord bracelets.

    VálaszTörlés
  4. Wow...I love the green striped material. I think you did an awe inspiring job with it. The peppers look like they are dancing....lol...but I like them. I love the other work too. You did an excellent job with all the soup! Thanks for joining and posting!

    VálaszTörlés
  5. love the colorful and interesting designs

    VálaszTörlés
  6. Agi, I'm realy flashed. You did a very good job! I like your earrings and the bracelets, especially what you did with the cotton rope. The chili peppers looks like hungarian piroschkas. The necklace I would wear it immediately.

    VálaszTörlés
  7. Very very nice pieces, Agi. I love them all. My favourites are the bracelets and the thiny white earrings. So beautiful!

    VálaszTörlés
  8. Beautiful work. Simple is nice, especially when you have something so beautiful to work with.

    VálaszTörlés
  9. I love your earrinngs, especially the pepper ones! congrats!

    VálaszTörlés
  10. simple but elegant designs!

    VálaszTörlés
  11. Such fun and cheerful work! I know you will enjoy wearing all of these creations, and they will always bring a smile.

    VálaszTörlés
  12. Beautiful pieces, the chilli pepper earring are so cute, and with the little green necklace what fun, I love each piece and I am partial to wrap bracelets, your's are gorgeous!

    VálaszTörlés
  13. excellet work. I like fabric in jewellery.

    VálaszTörlés
  14. Beautiful! I like the pepper earrings are they are, but I know the feeling that they're 'not quite there yet'. I felt the same over the crystal pair I made, but after I wore them,I just fell in love with them as they are :) Maybe you will too!

    VálaszTörlés
  15. The frosted clear and silver earrings are divine but the chili pepper earrings are SO much fun!

    VálaszTörlés
  16. Lovely pieces - I love the simple elegance of the fabric set, and I totally get why you kept it that way. They are perfect. I can't seem to shake the 'paprika' name now that I figured out you're Hungarian :) I like the hot red earrings! I agree with Skye, try to wear them - sometimes they are better when you a actually use them. As for the coral necklace - I love it as it is. Corals come in many shapes and colours, and yours are adorable! I love all your pieces - you sure had fun, and it shows!

    VálaszTörlés
  17. Your pieces just make me smile. Such a happy colour palette and beautiful jewellery.

    VálaszTörlés
  18. Lovely! Great colors! You did a great job! I am sure, you will have a lot of fun wearing your new jewellerys :-) Hugs, Doris

    VálaszTörlés
  19. You rocked your soup! What a wonderful selection of designs. Love those soft white earrings. I think my favorite has to be the leather bracelets, I'm all about easy these days. Great job!

    VálaszTörlés
  20. I'm obsessed with the black bracelet with the lampwork beads! How did you keep the beads in the right places? Absolutely LOVE your work! I'll be back, for sure!

    Linda A.
    http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
    http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

    VálaszTörlés
  21. Great colour combinations - so fresh and fun.

    VálaszTörlés
  22. Such lovely work well done!

    VálaszTörlés
  23. So many great designs. I adore the chili pepper earrings. It's like they have their arms up in the air, dancing. Very festive and fun.

    VálaszTörlés
  24. Love your bright and refreshing creations, Agi!

    VálaszTörlés
  25. Fun colors and freewheelin' designs! Nice work.

    VálaszTörlés
  26. I just love those chili pepper earrings! They are so festive and fun. They would make me want to eat spicy food if I wore them.

    VálaszTörlés
  27. Great pieces! I hope you continue to like doing non-seed bead jewellery; it's nice for a change to do something that's really quick (compared to bead embroidery!).

    VálaszTörlés
  28. Fun fun fun pieces!! Those chili pepper earrings are amazing. Love it.

    VálaszTörlés
  29. There's very often nothing wrong with 'simple' (-: I do like the ♥bracelet... And the other ones too, made with different techniques, great! Love the pepper earrings with the wirework, very nice!

    VálaszTörlés
  30. I love all the fun pieces you made with your soup! Great job!

    VálaszTörlés
  31. I'd think i just might wear all 3 of the first bracelets at the same time! Love them! You did a fabulous job with your bead soup! It all turned out really Soup-er!

    VálaszTörlés
  32. I respect you volunteering to get out of your comfort zone from the start (so did my partner!). And you did it all - beads, findings, fiber, leather cords - in varying designs! The nautilus necklace doesn't remind of a coral reef but it is beautiful - the semi-transparent bead string with pops of color in between are the perfect choice to hang the focal from! I like the chilli pepper earrings, I believe they are kind of dangling when worn.

    VálaszTörlés
  33. Cute and unique design ideas! The bracelets are great and can be worn together! Love your work!

    VálaszTörlés
  34. What fun pieces! Love the bracelets!!

    VálaszTörlés
  35. Your designs are so festive. I especially like the bracelet with all the different colored beads. It's just lovely! Of course, all your design turned out so nice.

    VálaszTörlés
  36. Hi Agi, Your rope earrings and bracelet are quite unique. I like the lampworked beads on the leather. It lets the beads be the stars. Your chili pepper earrings are cute. I would not redo the necklace it is my favorite of all of your designs. The clear frosted earrings would be wearable with almost anything. great job using your soup.

    VálaszTörlés
  37. What a great post! Apart from the really useful tips, it's just really fun ! Thank you so much for your tips!! visit my site - http://www.magnetmegastore.com/. We offer a huge range of magnetic bracelets, copper bracelets, sports magnetic bracelets and magnetic therapy items. Also other magnetic jewelry and health products.

    VálaszTörlés

Köszönöm hogy hozzászólsz!
Thank you for leaving a comment! :)

Related Posts