Bead Soup Blog Party 8 reveal

Hello party people! Here's the big day, time to reveal what we cooked!

I'm not sure how many of you know my jewelry, I am a seed beader, although lately I don't have a lot of time for beading and bead embroidery due to having a full-time job and going to university again. I's always fun to receive totally different beads than what I usually work with, as it happened this year too :)
Here's the bead soup I received from my Partner, Elsbeth, and here you will find the soup I sent to her.

And here's what I made from her beads. Unfortunately the weather is kind of grey lately so I couldn't take better photos.

 I really loved the striped cotton rope I received, so the first piece I made from it was a pair of earrings, which are so much fun to wear! I think these earrings will be my favorite festival jewelry, together with this bracelet:

Yes I know it is a very very simple bracelet but I think this rope looks so cool by itself, I didn't want to cut it to pieces so I just made a basic wrap bracelet with a magnetic clasp.

I made 2 other bracelets, one using the black leather cord I received with some of the smaller colorful glass beads and the cure heart clasp, and another with a larger yellow-green bead, which would be too heavy to use together with the others, brown learher and I did some macrame with brown cotton cords. I like how they turned out, they are also very simple but this way I can wear them to work or school.




I received 2 chili pepper beads which I also loved, so I turned them into earrings. But to be onest, I'm not completely satisfied with the result. I planned to make something inspired by Hungarian folk art, but I'm just not so good at using wire so I kept the design simple. I'm not sure about these earrings, what do you think? (Feel free to add your honest opinion :)


From the green nautilus beads I planned to make a necklace and earring set, but then I fell into a kind of creative block. The necklace didn't quite turn out as I imagined it - I wanted to make something colorful, like coral reefs, but I think I should have chosen different colors, so I think I will redo this necklace some other time.


Since I received so many beads from Elsbeth,  I made 2 other paits of earrings, and I still have a lot to work with!



Thank you so much Elsbeth, and thank you Lori for organizing this bead soup party again, despite all the problems. I hope you get better soon!

Follow this link to visit my partner's blog and see what she made from my bead soup: acrimbolda's glaswelt
To see all of the finished Beadsoup projects, visit Lori's blog for the complete list of links.You can find it here.

Have a great weekend and enjoy blog hopping! :)
 
 moonsafari beads - egyedi ékszerek

1 megjegyzés:

  1. Lovely, bright pieces! The earrings with fabric rope are absolutely amazing!

    VálaszTörlés

Köszönöm hogy hozzászólsz!
Thank you for leaving a comment! :)

Related Posts